Grab a frappuccino from the cooler and come join us...

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Fantastic Fourmula

Although the plotline was formulaic, overall I thought that Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer was a decent movie. I guess I didn't have any expectations going into it like I did for Spidey 3 or Pirates 3. And while FF:RotSS had some cheesy moments and lame "I may be a geek but I'm better than a football jock" dialogue, it's definitely better than it's predecessor in the tongue-in-cheek department.

I was a little disappointed by the length of the film. With the PG rating and clocking in at 90 minutes, it seems the intent was to cater to early teens. It could have used a little more character development/interaction, but it was fun to watch. And hopefully, unlike other recent sequels, the third one in this series will be the charm.

I give Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer 3.5 out of 5 surfwaxes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home